So M! has tagged me again to shake me out of my laziness! :-) And I am happy to take up this tag.
This one is about lisitng your sins agasint gender sereotypes. This tag requires you to list at least ten things you have ever wanted or done that your gender is not supposed to. Now, this one’s difficult! I am a good girl and I don’t like to sin. It’s the wrong shape and size of mind that does it… not my waistline, mind you… that finds it difficult to fit into this stereotypical mould created for a woman. Here’s my list of sins: 1. I do not flutter my eyes and charm guys.
2. I am not high on gossip. I prefer facts!
3. I CAN and DO find other women pretty, atractive, or HOT!
4. I wear clothes for comfort. Fashion is second.
5. I find decking up myself in front of the mirror for hours very cheap.
6. I do not wear rings, ear rings, trinkets etc etc. Less is more.
7. I am not shy. I blabber when I have to make a point.
8. I am more than my clothes, my shoes, my hand bags, and my non-existant make up.
9. I do NOT find every second guy good looking or attractive. Most are infact duh!
10. I am really more about ‘me’ and less about my gender.
From where I sit, the sun looks lovely, offering me my only dose of requisite peace. Boredom has caught on to me real tight. And interesting is walking a different alley. The world is sepia, my word for drab.
My fingers have swollen with fat, losing the rhythm with their divinity. And my mind, a lazy slave!
The hope in my heart vacillates. There are memories of dancing in the music. There are colors. There is pure joy. There are the diminishing lights. There is the drab sky.
Why don’t you tell me where are you? And where am I?
4. What’s for dinner? Chinese at Moet’s or Lebanese at Shalom, a great conversation with a dear friend and loads of smiles.
5. What’s the last thing you bought? Rakhis
6. What are you listening to right now? Yeh Mera Diwanapan from Namesake and a heart beat.
7. What do you think about the person who tagged you? Creative, funny, honest, very kind! And with lots of panache and a mind-blowing attitude… :-)
8. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be? Paris or New York. Or in the mountains.
9. What are your must-have pieces for summer? Cottons, lots of light-colored tees, flip-flops:-), soft pyjamas, and fresh fragrances.
10. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? In my Tai chi class.
11. Which language do you want to learn? Of happiness and love. Haha! Nah, some French maybe.
12. What’s your favorite quote?
13. Who do you want to meet right now? God and his angels.
14. What is your favorite color? Pink, blue, purple and Black.
15. What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own closet? My black batik skirt with a pink ribbon.
16. What is your dream job? Hotelier
17. What’s your favorite magazine? First City
18. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on? A Spa
19. What do you consider a fashion faux pas? Very-low necklines revealing bizarre tattoos on women’s chests.
20. Who are your style icons? I like Kate Winslet’s personal style and Nicole Kidman’s charms. Monica Bellucci was a stunner in matrix. Manisha and Kareena in non-glamorous roles like Bombay, dil se and Ashoka. I admire Kangana Ranaut for the way she carries her hair. Priyanka Gandhi is chic with her cotton saris.
21. Describe your personal style. Free-flowing, straight from the heart!
22. What are you going to do after this? Look at my eyes in the mirror.
23. What are your favorite movies? I loooovvvveeee chick-flicks, romantic comedies. Notting Hill, My best friend’s wedding… Man, I am a waste:-))))
24. What are three cosmetic/makeup/perfume products that you can't live without? Can live without all of these. But I like Clinique’s Happy in Bloom, Davidoff’s cool water and a lip balm.
25. What inspires you? Dreams and love.
26. Give us three styling tips that always work for you. Good and comfortable shoes/heels. A head wash and a nice fragrance. Being Me! And wearing clothes that merge with me (mostly black).
27. What do you do when you “have nothing to wear” (even though your closet’s packed)? Cry and crib:-). Go out for my last-minute shopping. Buy something bizarre and then cry some more. Eventually, become comfortable and carry it with all the panache I can :ppp
28. Coffee or tea? Both.
29. Dreams or reality? Dreams into reality:-)
The rules: Respond and rework – answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, and add one more question of your own. Then tag eight or ten other people.
I am amiss these days. I do not view myself completely. Few times, I glimpse reflections of me in other people. It’s in their words, acts and gestures or in the absence of these in them. I find myself disappointed.